Monday, January 16, 2012

Guest Post: Top 10 Make Up Picks for 2012

Good Morning Lovelies! Well it has been a rough morning. I have had lots of technical difficulties working on this blog post this morning and that's why it is just now being posted. (I still have not figured out why my default font is working...please bear with me)

I am so excited and honored to have my first beauty post to be done by a friend of mine. Linda is a Make Up Guru and she is so lovely. She really is a master at her craft and is so amazing at making women look so beautiful.

Take it away Linda!


My Top Ten Picks for 2012!

Here are my top 10 picks for 2012 favorites! Share your favorites & thoughts!


1. Smashbox Contour Palette - All my clients know I cannot complete a look without this fantastic palette! Works for almost every skintone!


2. Bobbi Brown Black Gel Eyeliner - This has to be in my top 10 every year because I just cannot live (ok maybe just work) without this eyeliner. Best gel on the market guaranteed!


3. Smashbox Anti-Shine - New discovery in my kit & I praise it! I am super shiny in the t-zone. If this can help me...it can help anyone! Long lasting matte-finish face.


4. Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick - I have used many different shimmer highlighters & I keep going back to this one. It has just the right amount of shimmer. Also, it’s beautiful used as an eyeshadow.


5. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer - I've gone through so many different types of primers in the past few years. THIS, tops it. Long lasting flawless face! :)


6 .Laura Mercier Eye Basics in "Wheat" - This is more for personal use although I use it on clients sometimes for the brow bone n such. Forget the days of using concealer on our eyelids to even out your skin tone. Behold the amazing "concealer" for your eyelid, without the creasing. The no make up, make up. It comes in various colors for your skintone.


7 .Illamasqua Blushes – Watch out Nars! Illamasqua has kicked you off the shelf. The consistencies, the textures, the COLORS! Amazing. I have an obsession with this line, starting with the phenomenal blushes. Check out their lip glosses too!


8. Laura Mercier Oil Free foundation -  A highly pigmented foundation that can be applied lightly for a sheer finish, or layered for fuller coverage.  I have super sensitive skin, that is oily and dry at times.  Out of the zillions of foundations I have tried on myself and clients this seems to win every time.  I also love Armani’s line, but if I had to choose between the two, it would be Laura Mercier!



9. Urban Decay Naked Palette - My obsession & everyone else's too I am sure! This was a hot palette consistently sold out throughout the year until Naked 2 came in. I don't know which one I love more.


10. Smashbox Brow Tech To Go: Last, but not least! I love the angel of the liner and the finishing gel that the double-ended wand comes with.  The formula lasts all day, especially if you apply it over your finishing powder.  You can’t go wrong with the color selections.  I use ‘Taupe’ on a daily basis, and for a more dramatic/night look ‘Brunette’ is the way to go.


If you all want to check out more of Linda's work or are interested in her make up artistry, be sure to visit her website.




No comments:

Post a Comment