Thursday, March 29, 2012

Leave It All At The Cross... Yes Even The Good Stuff





Sorry guys, been MIA for a few days... The last post was so impactful, I thought I would leave it up here for a few days to give people a chance to read it.

So the past few months I've been thinking about how things have been going pretty well in my life. I haven't had a major storm I've been going through (God gave me a lot of grace, because I was going through a major storm for about 6 months previously), I haven't had big battles or things that have really yoked me down spiritually. The only thing I really am feeling is stress and being overwhelmed, but that's very normal for me (yes, I know I still need to repent... I'm working on it.)

We have all heard the phrase of "Leave it at the Cross" well most of the time we are thinking of all the bad stuff. We want to give Jesus all of our dirty laundry but we want to keep and hold tightly onto all the good stuff. We are afraid to give it to Jesus, because we're afraid we won't have it anymore or it will become ruined. Lies of Satan my friends. 

"Every good and perfect gift comes from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows" James 1:17

So if God was the one who gave us these good and perfect gifts anyways, why are we so afraid to let Him have them? When we try to take hold and control of our good and perfect gifts, because of our sinful nature, it usually turns into a big mess.

Blessings can very easily become a distraction, sin, idolatry, etc.

Let God have the good, the bad, and the ugly. Leave all of it at the Cross. 

If your good gifts and blessings remain at the feet of Jesus, He will guard it and preserve it for you. You will remain focused on Jesus which is all that matters.

 He is the Good Shepherd, He will take care of all of you, but you must give all of you.

4 comments:

  1. So inspiring Stephanie! Thanks for the amazing reminder, which I greatly needed, about leaving everything there for him to protect. I think my heart just took a deep breath and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely,

    Im so glad I found your blog! What an inspiration! I love seeing bloggers speak about the beauty and grace of God. He's so loving and good!

    Elise

    ReplyDelete