Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Who's Your Daddy?

Fall Semester of 2011, I embarked on a journey to get to know God... Like for real. 

I noticed in my times with God it was only me finding ways for God to help me... Finding sin in my character and trying to fix it... And really almost looking at the Bible as only a Self Help.

Then I realized that if Christ died for a relationship with me and a relationship is a two way street. Then how can I be in a relationship with someone that I don't really know.



So I studied out God's character almost everyday in my quiet times. I wish I could go back to that semester... I would get out of class at 11AM and have lunch with God everyday. I really felt like I was on a date with Him. I just wanted to know Him.

"To know God is everlasting life..." John 17:3

So I took a little trip down memory lane in my journal and here is my entry on October 24th, 2011 on what I learned about God that day.

God has 2 kinds of attributes:


1) Incommunicable- Attributes He has not passed on or communicated to us either in ourselves or in creation.

2) Communicable- Divine attributes which we should have some form of and have experiences personally and be able to understand. 


Transcendent--God could very well be independent, but he chooses me to live in a relationship with Him.
-God chose me! Perfect, all loving, all knowing God chose me and He knew what He was choosing because He created me. I don't have to pretend to be someone I'm not. Imitate Christ and this is what pleases Him, yet He will know all my short comings but accepts me because of Christ anyways.

"As young man marries a maiden, so will your sons marry you: as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride so will your God rejoice over you"- Isaiah 62:5

God rejoices over me! How much more should I sing His praises!

Eternal-- There was no time when God was not.
He does not live "in time" like we do.
He sees all time equally yet discerns the places of events in tine and acts at a specific point in time.

"Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the Earth & the World, from everlasting to everlasting you are God"-Psalm 90:2


Stay tuned for Part II. tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment