Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday's Aren't So Bad

Happy Monday!

I had a very relaxing weekend, even though I probably should have studied for my accounting test on Monday, I really just needed to just rest.

I am very excited and thankful that I completed my goal for last week. Really going out of my way to do something nice for someone else could be a challenge at times but it was so rewarding. I'm not one to brag about my good deeds... It makes me uncomfortable, so I will just tell you about my favorite one that I did (Read further below).

This week my goal is to study at least an hour 5 days this week. I am not really doing it because I need to study more for the class, but it will prepare me for the coming semester, because even though I'm taking one class now, I will be taking 15 hours in a little less than a month, so I need to prepare and be a good steward of the gifts and responsibilities God has given me.

"The master said, 'Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let's celebrate together!'- Matthew 25:23

Here is the week's recap! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I want to know what you did :)

My comfort drink.

Some pillows I spotted and caught my eye.

An accent piece I think I'll go back and get for my room.

Cute antique looking cups... That are over priced.

Best study snack ever. Crepe.

Funny mugs I spotted at Asian market.

Cute little mirror from Asian Market.

Tacky mirror bathroom outfit pics. Duh. 

I saw a Pomeranian drive a car...?

Made my first macaroons... Until 2AM.

Tired.. Busted... And too much sugar.

These messed up.

Love these containers for the kitchen!

So my fathers best friend died last year around this time. When I was thinking about what I should do for someone one day, God really put on my heart all the scriptures in the Bible where it states to take care of orphans and widows... That THAT is true and pleasing religion in the sight of God. My parents were close to his wife, and she lives right around the corner from us. I decided to encourage her by making Lavender Macaroons. I have never made macaroons before, and I was pleasantly surprised by how they turned out. I will tell you the story in tomorrow's post and give you the recipe. 



I FINALLY finished all of my 5 from last year so I went and re stocked. I love the 5 for 5 deals at Bath and Body Works.

 I saw this at Macy's... 30 seconds later it was mine. I have needed a new bag for a while now. My little $2 thrift one has given out on me.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, what a sweet idea to encourage someone. Thanks for sharing it...I also very much like the pillow with the Thoreau quote since I'm reading through Walden again :)

    ReplyDelete