Monday, August 27, 2012

Sparkle Backpacks & A New Semester

So last Thursday at 8:30PM was the official first day... or one might say, night, of school for me. Not only was it my first day, but it was my LAST first day of school. As I was getting together my belongings before I went to class, I couldn't believe God had brought me all this way. 

From Kindergarten buses, to big bows (that I still wear), to mean little girl cliques, to getting made fun of because I didn't look like regular American girl, to school cafeterias, to lockers, to making friends, leaving friends, getting hearts broken, and finding Christ in the midst.

I remember the first day's of school. Every year I couldn't wait to put on that brand new outfit for the first day. To see everyone after summer.... Who changed, who's the same, who left, who came back, who was still relevant, and who wasn't...

Well after about 16 years of going to school, when you get to be a college student, you come to the point where your first day is like any other day. You pick out your outfit right before you go to class and don't really think about the rest.

So here it is ladies and gent's, my "non planned for" first day of school outfit.





Shirt: TJ Maxx
Shorts: Thrifted
Shoes: Boutique in Athens, Greece
Bag: Betsey Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment