Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Moment Of Compassion I Will Never Forget



Hello lovelies,

My apologies for not posting the past few days! It's been super hectic on my neck of the woods and to be honest, I can be guilty of being lazy or feeling uninspired.

First off... Thank you to all my comments, follewers, and everyone who has been flooding over to my blog this past week! Your encouragement means the world!

Remember to enter in the GIVEAWAY! It will be ending September 25th!

Well I thought I would share with you all something that happened to me the other day last week.

So I have been studying out compassion in my quiet times because it's something I struggle with. Not necessarily that I don't care when someone is hurting, my heart does hurt for them, however when someone is going through something that I don't necessarily relate to it can be hard for me to really be compassionate and not just be like "Get over it..." (in my head)

So I was really praying to God to give me His heart when He see's other's hurting, only as much as I could handle, I'm only dust, but enough for me to have a soft heart toward those who suffer, not matter what it may be.

After I prayed I went to class. Our classroom is kind of auditorium style, and I sit up top in the very back. 
I started looking down at all my peers in my class and all of a sudden an overwhelming drop in my stomach and a heaviness of heart consumed me. So much so where I thought I was going to have to walk out and take some deep breaths.

 I was consumed with anguish and compassion on these people. I saw how many souls hadn't heard or heard all of The Good News. How so many people thirst for Chirst and don't even know it, and here I am, keeping my mouth shut in class because I'm afraid to share about Jesus.

What if the people who reached out to me never did? How dark of a place I would still be in. 

This was a moment in my life where this scripture really came to life for me:

"As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes."- Luke 19:41-42

It was such a surreal moment and I am so thankful that I don't have to take on the world and be burned down by it because Jesus has already won, but I'm so thankful, just as much, for those reminders to spur me own, to deepen my compassion for others and to draw closer to Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- you should really go read my most recent blogpost too... wowzers :) and man just last week I realized the same thing about me but it was so dramatic to me that I was like- whatever I am making a change and doing it now! I was so sick of hurting ppls feelings... I even journaled this list of things to avoid doing because it's taboo and isn't okay in this culture. anyhow. yup

    xo
    christine
    www.beyoutifulhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you wrote this as well. I know I have been feeling like my compassion has been lacking and I thought I was the only one. So thanks for writing this and reminding me that I am not alone. I will pray for you, good luck this is tough stuff!

    Blessings,
    ~A

    ReplyDelete