Tuesday, August 30, 2011

It's The Little Things That Count

Growing up with a stay-at-home mom, my mother always made sure that our home was lovely and filled with pretty things. From flower arrangements to beading on the curtains, my eyes were always esthetically pleased. It wasn't until I moved to college that I realized how much those little details meant to me, so I made sure that my dorm room did justice to my mother.

Fresh flowers always make the room brighter and adds pops of color. I love vintage photos of my parents and placed one of them on a stack of books.

Anything Hello Kitty always puts a smile on my face. It reminds me of my childhood. A vintage frame that holds a photo of my father when he was my age sits on my desk to remind me of how far he came from being a boy to being my daddy.


Faux flowers with some pebble fillers and an old square vase with sequins hold my make-up brushes that all sit on my make-up stand.  
Scattered necklaces with a color theme that match my room give an empty wall some character.
A little humor on a cupcake that hangs on my closet door.
A vintage photo of Madonna with Mickey Mouse ears keep the room playful yet sophisticated because of the black and white.
I love little vintage tin boxes. The french words and organic flowers keep the room airy and European.
A make-up stool with a little bow on the back adds a special touch (thanks mom for covering and re-vamping this chair)








No comments:

Post a Comment