Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Child-Like Faith



"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in Heaven." -Matthew 18:10 ESV

The other day while driving to work I was thinking about how often the scriptures bring praise to children. Children flocked to Jesus and he often used them as an example of how to inherit the Kingdom of God.

Since January, I have been on rotation in our Church's Kid's Kingdom. I get the privilege of being with the infants. Even though I don't get to be in the service on Wednesday, I must say that these little ones teach me just as much as any sermon would.

Their dependency and humility, their joy, their transparency of just showing emotions (which is hard for me to do), their non-judgmental nature, and just having such innocence. 

The other day I was having a rough day, and that night I was in Kid's Kingdom. I'll be honest, I didn't know if I wanted to play with these little ones because of my lack of joy that day. Needless to say, that's exactly what I needed. As soon as I walked in the door and one of the precious little girls walked up to me and just put her arms up to be picked up...

My heart melted and it was instantly filled with love. 

I thought to myself "This isn't even my child... and I love it so much, I wonder then how much God loves us."

No comments:

Post a Comment