Monday, May 28, 2012

Jesus's Innate Compassion

Poolside with best friends over the weekend <3

Happy Memorial Day Lovelies

I wanted to first say "Thank You" to all who have served our country and died for it. What a selfless act for our freedom. As country, I am sorry we have not done a better job to serve you. I have prayed today for our nation, as well as myself, to better serve and have compassion on those who have served our country.

This leads me to my post... Which carries on with the above statement.

I have been working on, studying out, and praying about my patience for quite some time now. Let's just say "I'm quick to speak and slow to listen".... Not good :(

However, God recently put on my heart, to get down to the root of my lack of patience, and it's my like of compassion on others. If I were to grow in my compassion, it would overflow into my patience. 

So I listened to a sermon the other day about Jesus's innate compassion. It was one of the best sermon's I'd ever heard. So compelling and convicting where there was actually a moment I had to catch my breath and pause the sermon because the statement that was made was so selfless and I was so far from that.

The minister shares Romans 9:1-5. I have read Romans many times before and I don't know for the life of me how I missed this (I guess that's what's great about God Word... certain scriptures convict you at the perfect moments and it just all makes sense).  Here is what it says:


 "I speak the truth in Christ—I am not lying, my conscience confirms it through the Holy Spirit—  I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart.  For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race,the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all,forever praised! Amen."


Did you catch that? Paul was so serious before he made the statement, that he would rater give up his salvation... Spend eternity without God in Hell... if it meant that the Jews who tried to kill him, who imprisoned him, who hurt him, and who persecuted him would be saved. 

*Catch's Breath*

I am so glad that God doesn't work that way, one does not need to barter their salvation in order for another to have it, but this is a statement that changed my whole view, my whole heart, and how I look, treat, serve, and have compassion for others.


No comments:

Post a Comment