I have a love/hate relationship with the summer time.
Love: No school, more free time, popsicles, snow cones, swimming, and bright colors.
Hate: HEAT (I'm in Texas... It's an oven down here), the lack there of clothes all around, Make Up melt downs, sweating, frizzy hair, and the like.
Well here are some of my Top 10 Summer must haves!
1) Tan Legs- I am way to ADD to sit out and tan, plus my olive tone in my skin prevents me from tanning or burning... so I stay pale and green all year long folks. I know, attractive. I tried every tanning cream out there, and I haven't found anything I'm completely in love with. So instead, I use a non scented, plain lotion (you don't want to use something too thick, you want it to spread easily) and I mix it with a very dark liquid foundation. Voila! Tan legs! And it doesn't rub on my clothes. It will wash off in the shower.
2) Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder- This does WONDERS! And read a little further on what I mix it with and it literally keeps my make up on for so many hours. (PS: I have combo to oily skin)
3) NYX Creme Stick Blush- I used to think that because I had oily skin I couldn't do cream blushes and eye shadows. Not true. Actually this creme stick is non greasy and very light. Just dab your brush a little on the stick and sweep across your cheeks. It gives such a natural and fresh look.
4) Avon Creme Eye Shadows- Again... Another creme. This gives me the shimmer on my eye lids that I like but isn't over done and looks very natural and doesn't crease. It dries almost instantly, so blend quick!
5) Cheap Gold Eye Shadow.... For Bronzer- I have tend to notice that eye shadows have more pigment then a lot of the bronzers I buy. This eye shadow is perfect (I know they are at ULTA for like $3) for a bronze and shimmery look but not too over done. I use it almost every day. I'm not a fan of super matte skin.
6) Bronze Shades- I love these hater blockers :) I scooped them up at a vintage shop. I thought they said Ray Bans, but they say Robin. Fail.
7) Pastel Bracelets- I got these lovely bracelets at Charlotte Russe for $6. They look very quality and add the perfect amount of color to a neutral outfit. I love pastels in the summer. I'm not a neon kind of girl, but I do like brights and pastels.
8) Beaded Clutch- I found this, literally at a tea room, in the middle of no where Texas (on the day that the world was supposed to end... PHEW). The beading is gorgeous and it hold just the right amount of necessities where I don't feel like I have to sacrifice space.
9) Urban Decay De-Slick Make-up Setter- This product is amazing. It's a little pricey at $30, but if you want to just test it out, you can buy a sample size at ULTA for $12, that should last you about a month. Spray this on once before you put on your foundation or primer then finish off your make up by spraying again on your face, and then grab your Powder and brush it on while your face is still a little dewy from the spray. This thing keeps on my make up almost all day. A MUST HAVE for summer.
10) Fun Scarf's- I wish I could help you all with this one... Many have commented on how much they love this scarf. This was actually my moms that she bought in Mexico around my age. I am in love with this scarf, but I have seen a lot of great scarfs online and at various stores. These are great for when you want to put your hair up but you want to add an accessory, this will keep you cool and any bangs or frizzy's out the way.